Defunding Obamacare (PALLONECARE)
Your action is needed today and throughout this week!
Here's an overview of what's happening...
The House is considering a "Continuing Resolution (CR)" to fund the federal government from March to September. In the bill are proposed earmarks for ObamaCare's implementation. The House is not voting on any bills until late in the day so you have the opportunity to call today to make your voice heard!
- House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) promises, "One way or the other" there will be no funding for ObamaCare in the CR.
- Representative Steve King (R-IA) has prepared language to completely defund healthcare "reform," which he has promised will be added to the CR.
- Representative Denny Rehberg (R-MT), the Chairman of the Labor, Health and Human Services Subcommittee, which controls the purse strings for ObamaCare, has also declared his intention to defund the law.
- Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) has introduced a bill preventing the IRS from hiring the extra agents needed to enforce the individual mandate in ObamaCare. As you probably know, the IRS is slated to become the "ObamaCare enforcement agency."
- And Speaker John Boehner's aide said this about the upcoming battle: "We will use every means at our disposal to stop this job-destroying law."
The vote on the Continuing Resolution and its "defunding amendment" is expected this week!
BUT defunding of Obamacare is NOT in the Continuing Resolution currently in process!
Since the defunding language is in a separate amendment, you need to call the GOP members of the House Rules Committee (where the first vote is expected in the next 24 hrs) immediately to urge them to support Rep. Steve King's amendment to defund Obamacare.
The GOP members of the Rules Committee, and their office phone numbers are:
Pete Sessions, TX-32 (202) 225-2231
Virginia Foxx, NC-5 (202) 225-2071
Rob Bishop, UT-1 (202) 225-0453
Rob Woodall, GA-7 (202) 225-4272
Richard Nugent, FL-5 (202) 225-1002
Tim Scott, SC-1 (202) 225-3176
Daniel Webster, FL-8 (202) 225-2176
Keep the pressure on and hold the GOP to its promises!
Here's what I say when I call,
"Hi I'd like to register my opinion on something. Please ask the Congressman to support Steve King's amendment to defund Obamacare in the continuing resolution. Thank you."
They may also ask for your name and address. There's no need to dodge this question. Just answer politely and move on to the next call.
The goal is to have such a dramatic volume of calls on the subject that the message is clearly sent.
Then, call our own NJ GOP Congressional representatives to vote 'Yes' on this.
Member Name DC Phone DC FAX
Representative Frank A. LoBiondo (R - 02) 202-225-6572 202-225-3318
Representative Jon Daniel Runyan (R - 03) 202-225-4765 202-225-0778
Representative Chris H. Smith (R - 04) 202-225-3765 202-225-7768
Representative Scott Garrett (R - 05) 202-225-4465 202-225-9048
Representative Leonard Lance (R - 07) 202-225-5361 202-225-9460
Representative Rodney P. Frelinghuysen (R - 11) 202-225-5034 202-225-3186
As you have time, contact other GOP Congressional leaders, such as Majority Leader Eric Cantor, Speaker Boeher, and remind them what we sent them there to do.
Office of the Speaker of the House
Phone: (202) 225-0600
Fax: (202) 225-5117
Office of the Majority Leader
Contacting New Jersey representatives in the 112th Congress:
Contacting Speaker Boehner:
Contacting Majority Leader Eric Cantor: